The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 269 made on Monday November 22, 2010 at 00:15
Paul Xavier
Lurking Member
November 2010
Hello,complete newby,no knowledge of TV's ,remotes,computers,etc.
All you guys way out of my league.
Divorced, now remarried have two girls now from current wife.

Have had local techs set up my TV's.... another tech works on my computers.....another tech maintains treadmills,,ellipticals ,cardio yet another tech works on security cams and sensors/alarm(s)... ... none seem to have remedy or knowledge to solve my 'problem' although they have indicated they think an infra red or RF system should be "out there" and/or "I've heard about something like that"."sounds doable but i don't know how to do it".When I ask about it Words to that effect or responses similar to that.

Small Business owner ,fitness center,and not mechanically or technologically inclined...
From previous marriage have 15 year old son who(of course)knows more about ALL types of technology than i do but his(after homework) interests are X-box(as long as maintaining A average inschool)weightlifitng,jujitsu/martial arts.
No time to help dad with his TV problem at work.
(Thats Ok I 'get' to see him 6 days a week at the gym for work outs and training.Get to see him way more than i ever expected to after divorce)

Current wife 'wonderful'not a techno person either--daughters are 18 months and 6 years old.
Son can't help......nor wife or daughters :)
Local techno guys seem to have limited knowledge or are 'good'with the basics and their fields....so here I am.

Enough about me you guys are the experts hope someone can come up with inexpensive solution.

Essentially Hoping to find relatively inexpensive solution to turning on and off 24 TV's with one control unit.
Will keep channel changeing of each individual TV with the remotes that came with TV's.
Will post details in another thread.

Hosting Services by ipHouse