Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 266 made on Friday November 12, 2010 at 10:13
GreyMan
Long Time Member
June 2009

Hello all. 

My name is Robert.  I started down the path of home audio and video in college when I hooked a second set of realistic speakers to my stereo (cassette, 8 track and turntable all built in) and connected my hi fi VCR to it.  My apartment became the place to watch movies.  I soon upgraded to a Dolby surround system which I took back twice because I could not hear anything coming from the rear speakers.  Then it was on to a small bookshelf Dolby pro logic system.  I was in heaven watching movies. 

In 1998 while in grad school I stumbled upon a part time job at a custom home theater A/V company and discovered DVD and Dolby Digital.  I have never been the same since.  Soon I was working there full time and have not looked back.

I do sales, system design, project management, and wear a few other hats.  I used to program prontos back in the day but now I leave the programming to my installers.

I really enjoy this site and the exchange of knowledge.  It has been of great help to me and I hope to return the favor to someone else.

See you all in the threads,

-R

Hosting Services by ipHouse