Pass:

Original thread:
Post 259 made on Friday September 3, 2010 at 12:28
Kofi
Long Time Member
October 2005
Kofi Ramsey
Director, Business Development
Pace International (not the cable box company)
Formerly with Best Buy/Geek Squad (1995 - 2008)

When I was 10, I connected an additional 2 pairs of speakers to a boombox in my bedroom in an attempt to achieve more lifelike sound for live recordings. The results were mixed. The boom box had a discreete woofer with its own level control which helped, but at 5 watts, there just wasn't enough power to drive the speakers adequately. I started purchasing seperates a few years later.

When I was 15, I spec'd and installed my first home theater (Dolby surround with a center channel!) in my parents home, circa 1989.

Started with Best Buy in 1995. Did A/V sales and car audio install. I started doing A/V installs for customers starting in 1996. Moved on to commercial A/V, satellite, and networking installations in 1997. Moved corporate as technical training and management in 2000 for store support teams, then helped launch residential A/V installation, MHT, and then Geek Squad. Supported installers in nationwide, in Puerto Rico, Canada, Mexico, and China.

Started with Pace International in 2009. Pace is a commercial satellite distributor, that also develops software, manufacturers consumables and electronic components, and provides global procurement solutions for a wide range of companies, including big box retailers.

Hosting Services by ipHouse