Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 214 made on Sunday January 24, 2010 at 19:04
k54frog
Lurking Member
January 2010
Hi,
Kenny here. First newbie of the new year.
Found this site via link from a google smurf search, looked interesting and has lots of potential to answer those questions that I will have when I finally get around to designing our home AV system [after my wife finally decides how she is going to arrange the family room.] 8-}
My first DIY project was building a box for some coaxial 3-way speakers I got on sale from Radio Shack in '72. They lasted 30 years until my son blew them out. I warned him about cranking the volume control on that old Spectrosonic receiver/amp.
Coming from a family of engineers, (aerospace, electronic, civil, etc.), it's just natural to want to tinker with & tear things apart to see how they work and maybe fix them and put them back together.
Had to re-build half of our house in '04 after a fire and installed a bunch of smurf tube in the exposed walls before the contractor did the drywall. If I thought there might be a remote (pun intended, lol) chance of installing anything somewhere, I popped in a length of smurf & anchored it to a stud. Took lots of digital pictures which came in real handy a year later when I had a 4 station dish network system installed. The installer just had to feed the wire to me and I shoved it down the tubes & back out the boxes I had ready. He said it was one of the easiest installs he ever had done. He did the techical part, I did the grunt work and viola! a custom install at the *free* standard price. (no holes in the outside walls, no wires to be seen).
Looking forward to chatting later this year... I hope. :-)
A candle is not diminished by giving another candle light. - unk -

Hosting Services by ipHouse