The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 82 made on Thursday July 24, 2008 at 11:34
trilliumtech
Long Time Member
February 2008
I'm Tony, I am the owner and currently sole employee of Trillium Tech. I got into this biz after a long and painful career in broadcast television, slaving away for lousy pay at crappy little local affiliate stations. I brought my well rounded skillset and passion for audio and video into my own business, that may someday pay the bills.

I live and work in one of the most beautiful places on earth, Wild, Wonderful West Virginia. Before you laugh at that statement, let's just point out that all the city-dwellers are desperately trying to turn my whole state into a resort community with several high end vacation home developments based on our gorgeous scenery and multitude of outdoor activities.

That being said, I feel it's my job to bring them the best in entertainment and home technology systems. Since I can't stop them from coming here and crowding my little corner of heaven, I can at least make a living off of them doing something I truly love. So it's almost a win-win.

I own a very small company, with me being the sole employee and owner, I do too much. I need a business manager, but that isn't currently in the budget. I do RTI, NetStreams, Polk, Yamaha etc., and only sell things I have a real faith in.

As much as I love my situation (though it's stressful and I spend many sleepless nights wondering if I can pay the bills), I'm considering brushing up the ole resume before the stress of trying to manage a business puts me in the same state of mind I was in when I left the TV biz.

True story.
Lord loves a workin' man; don't trust whitey; see a doctor and get rid of it.

Hosting Services by ipHouse