The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 49 made on Monday June 16, 2008 at 14:53
BNC-RCA-RG59
Long Time Member
November 2002
I'm Brian. I have been in the low voltage type business for over 16 years now. I started in the alarm business working for an ex FBI agent that opened his own small alarm co along with 3 guys, 1 salesman. I mainly was the guy shoved in the attic and scawlspaces for the first 5 years so even though I been there done that, do not ask me to get the damm attic or crawlspace. I have been involved in all aspects of design, installation, and programming most alarm brands, access, phone, cctv, and any type of security systems up till about 5-6 years ago when I came accross a house that was having a Crestron system installed. At that time I only have had a limited amount of time installing only a few plasma tv and really small rack systems with mostly RPTV's. I was installing an alarm (96zones) and all the other systems going in this house (access on side door, panasonic phone sys, and running motorzied Somfy shades) I was asked to start helping out on the home automation side after a few weeks. This house ended up having 23 touch screens and 15 displays all around along with 30 some zones of audio all Crestron along with a 350k theater. I gotta say, I was hooked from there and jumped ship and went to work for the Automation Co. and left the alarms behind and never looked back. Ever since I have been invloved in many Professional Football Players homes as well as wealthly people worth over 500M bucks. It is a real difference from doing the basic alarm in the bad part of town with bugs crawling up the walls. Lately the Co. I have been working for has been slow for the past 2 months leaving me to fend for myself. So I have been calling up all my old clients, got back into alarm monitoring and I am not taking over as many alarms as I can just so I can get myself back into their homes to do A/V and control. I found this site when I first started to program the ProntoPro remote. Since Phillips did not offer any service for their remote products, I was somehow told about this site by doing a search on the remote. Thanks for all the help in the past and oh yeah, I do help and return the favors as I do read and reply as often as I can.
Right now I am basically working as a sub for myself. I try to schedule the other Co's work in advance and then shcedule my own stuff in between and it had been working so far no complaints.
BNC
DON'T BE FRUSTRATED, GET INTEGRATED! (From a custom installer)

Hosting Services by ipHouse