Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 48 made on Saturday June 14, 2008 at 02:06
simoneales
Select Member
May 2005
I'm Simon,
I've been in this industry for the last 20 years now. I started as a salesman in a Hi-Fi store and started doing installs on the side for people who came into the store and bought equipment. I'm entirely self taught and don't have formal qualifications or degrees. I ran my own gig for a while but that wasn't really for me as i like the challenges doing the work but not all the other stuff that goes along with running a business. I've been with my current employer for just over ten years now and in that time we have grown from a couple of guys and a van to one of the biggest and best known CI firms in the country. I spend most of my time these days behind racks and finding solutions to make the seemingly impossible, possible. Where necessary designing and hand building gizmo's for one-off applications. I enjoy programming and doing the stuff that forces me to think about a problem, the rest of it is more or less just getting it done.
I guarantee I'll tell you the truth and I guarantee I'll tell you what you need to know but I can't guarantee that I'll be telling you anything you want to hear.

Hosting Services by ipHouse