The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 28 made on Monday June 9, 2008 at 13:57
bluerhythmav
Long Time Member
January 2008
Hey all - I'm Brad, and fairly new to RC. I lurked around here for while, and finally became a member not too long ago. I've picked up a few great ideas so far, and thank you all for the advice and info!

I grew up around electronics (like most of us I think) - attempting to fix gizmos and gadgets whenever I broke them. My fascination for all things requiring power led me to college for an Electronics Engineering degree. I spent many years in the entertainment world - as a live sound tech, commercial installer, and as a DJ (paid the bills for college!). I somehow managed to branch off into installing amusement rides for a Cali based company - and that's where I had my first real taste of automation with an Allen-Bradley PLC5. I left the entertainment world in 2000 - to become (of all things) an Air Traffic Controller.

While I am still a controller, my life-long passion for audio has brought me back to the industry. I started my business (see member name) last year, and have grown it into something feasible. The plan is to cross-fade into this full-time - even though some think I'm crazy for wanting to do so! It helps to have a supportive wife though! A couple of friends of mine have run a store for several years now (20?), and they have been an excellent source of advice and motivation. Hanging around in their store starting when I was about 16 helped a lot and fed my addiction.

Located near Vancouver, BC, I am currently an authorized seller of Marantz, Boston, Totem, Sonos, PSB, RTI and much more.

Love the site - good to meet you all!
Blue Rhythm Audio/Video

Hosting Services by ipHouse