The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Thursday September 13, 2018 at 21:30
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
I observed something in the early 2000s that was pretty nuts, pretty funny, and cheap on Yamaha's part.

They had several remote controls that used the same codes. But no, that's not what I mean. I mean that the particular source buttons, say second row down, second from the left, was always the same command.

But if that button was labeled CD on one receiver and that button was labeled CDR (back then) on a different receiver, then the code behind that button gave you what the label said.

In other words, a group of commands were tied to sources by their position on the remote instead of a particular command always giving you the same source. This also explains why, if you have the extended codes, the surround codes for one model might not give you the surround you want, but another command might.

Try the codes in the file from a different remote and see what they do instead of stopping at "the bla bla button doesn't switch to bla bla."
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse