The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Wednesday September 12, 2018 at 09:01
Diskreet
Long Time Member
February 2011
Have a good client, who has always bought the top of the range HiFi from us and regularly done upgrades.

A couple days before Christmas he realises he hasn’t bought his two kids a present. So asks us if we can get two of these devaleit speakers.

We explain we don’t sell them but might be able to find two for him but obviously there will be an extra charge for handling the item etc. He said he did not care what the cost was and to get hold of two and let him know.

Being a good customer we would go the effort. Obviously so close to Christmas it was not easy to find one that we could pick up.

Found a dealer in London who had two in stock, but one was being demo’d.

I reserved one and said if the item didn’t sell I would take the other and I’ll come up and wait while they do the dem.

Thinking a demo of such a device would not take long I got there when they said the demo would take place. 4 bloody long hours later they emerge and the dealer hadn’t sold it. Couldn’t believe it. No demo should take that long. Luckily I had both of them, client would be happy, unfortunately parked up in London I had accidentally left my indicator lights on and drained my battery.

Suffice to say I had one very happy customer, I however shudder every time I see these monstrosities.
The Future's Bright, The Future's Controllable.

Hosting Services by ipHouse