Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Tuesday September 11, 2018 at 20:10
MNTommyBoy
November 2010
On September 11, 2018 at 14:09, BRIAN PHOENIX said...
I have an Alexa Dot, and Alexa Spot. The problem I am having is exactly the same on both devices which is a slight hum. I am running about 100 feet of speaker wire out of the 3.5 jack on each device to send the audio to two separate receivers. I am getting a very slight hum from both devices, but enough of a hum to drive me crazy. Any hum is too much hum. I am told the audio outputs on both Alexa devices are speaker level which is the reason I am using un-shielded speaker wire to send the audio to each receiver. Is the hum I am hearing caused by the fact I am not using shielded wire, and if using shielded wire is not the solution to the problem any ideas what the solution might be? I even used a ground loop eliminator on the Alexa Dot, and it did not eliminate the hum.

Thanks;

Brian Phoenix

The Dot and the Spot have line-level out. You need a mini to RCA, plus whatever length RCAs, plus an available RCA input on a receiver ("cd", "aux" etc)

From Amazon...

"Echo Spot can connect directly to speakers using a 3.5 mm stereo cable or Bluetooth to add voice control to your home stereo system in the living room or den."
"There's a big difference between winging it and seeing what happens. Now let's see what happens." ~MacGruber

Hosting Services by ipHouse