The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 71 made on Tuesday September 4, 2018 at 18:30
goldenzrule
Loyal Member
July 2007
On September 4, 2018 at 18:05, kwkshift said...
I think the problem isn't the Sonos equipment, it's the company and the way they conduct themselves in relation to custom integrators. The equipment is fine. The path that the company has been going for the last few years with us is a dwindling one.

I just look at it as more a betrayal, than anything else. We are the ones that educated the consumers and spread the word about their little white boxes that magically played music. Now, all these years later, with the market established, they're not outright dumping us, but making it a more hostile relationship than it should be.

Thankfully, there are alternatives now that we can show customers. They just need to play music with an app in their home. We can provide that, still. Just not with Sonos, if we choose.

I agree with a lot of this, but still find there is no REAL substitute for Sonos.  Two of the biggest services out there are Spotify and Apple Music.  Who, other than Sonos, works with these within their app, seamlessly?  I am not really sure if any do.  Certainly in the case of Spotify.  Everyone talks about a REAL system is controlled in one interface, one app, one system, but at the same time will denounce Sonos which from a music standpoint, delivers just that.  Love them or hate them, it is hard to deny that they offer the most complete music streaming system (speaking strictly as a standalone system).  I've integrated Sonos, Music Cast, URC DMS, C4, Fusion Ovation, Autonomics, and seen some demos of some other systems like Heos and Casatunes.  While a lot or most are decent systems, none of them offer what Sonos does in ease of use combined with all of the desired services built in.  Throw Spotify in the mix and all of them pale in comparison to Sonos in ease of use.  Combine all of that with the fact that I never ever EVER have a call back for anything other than adding more, and its a decent option.

Hosting Services by ipHouse