The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 19 made on Sunday September 2, 2018 at 09:58
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On September 1, 2018 at 21:37, Ernie Gilman said...
Here's what happened. You wrote "a receiver with preamp out to a separate amplifier." Now that you've clarified it, I see that you wrote exactly what you meant. I didn't combine the words (parse the phrases) the way you meant them. I read
A receiver
with preamp
out to a separate amplifier.
If you had written "a receiver with* Preamp Out to a separate amplifier," I think i might have gotten it. Words. Damn 'em. Can't write with 'em, can't write without 'em.

*or "using Preamp Out to a separate amplifier" or "with its Preamp Out to..." or maybe even "with its preamp out...."

How long have you been working with consumer AV equipment? If you haven't seen a receiver connected to a power amp, another receiver, preamp or integated amp to make a system control other speakers and add power to the overall output, they must do things differently where you have lived. This is not a rare configuration (although you may never have seen it), especially when people want to use what they have, rather than spring for more or new equipment. Even the REC Out can be used if the power amp has some way to vary the level.

Geez!
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse