The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 44 made on Friday August 31, 2018 at 19:48
goldenzrule
Loyal Member
July 2007
On August 31, 2018 at 17:50, Hasbeen said...
I'm a huge Sonos fan.  Personally, I think it's one of the best products in the industry and so do the other manufacturers because they've been trying to copy it for a decade....and have totally s#it the bed doing it.

Frankly, I don't know why CI's aren't holding the industry manufacturers feet to the fire....

Something like, "If you care about us why are you continually making inferior products?  You're supposed to be leading the way in technology, but you're getting your asses handed to you by outsiders."

I hear you guys saying you can't make money with it.   So, let's assume we all know what SONOS dealer pricing is....Then let's assume you're installing a pair of speakers shipping out of North Carolina.  Something that starts with a 550 on it.

Now let's say you're at $1000-$1200 per room installed.  How is that no money? Maybe my definition of "money" and your definition are different?

I've always understood the "sound" argument.  But I've never understood the profit or quality argument.

I see guys pitching Eero on here.....Isn't it essentially the same thing?

P.S- If you want to circumvent the client theft, just use your address for all accounts?

You cannot use your own email for the account any longer.  Ever since alexa integration was introduced, every system must have its unique address.

I am with you though.  There is a difference between no money and less money.  Yes, other systems may make you more money, but the lack of callbacks evens things out quite a bit.  If you use callbacks to keep selling then maybe that is a bad thing.  If you are working on fixed price bids and going back to continually update crap in your first year, it can be a drain.  But moreso, even if you are covered in your contract for that, you can run the risk of alienating a good client.  I am not saying Sonos is the answer for everyone, but for someone that just wants a simple music streaming system and is not interested in anything BUT that, there is no greater option than Sonos in my personal opinion.

Hosting Services by ipHouse