The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 40 made on Friday August 31, 2018 at 05:37
Mac Burks (39)
Elite Member
May 2007
Sonos has its place just like the Ford fiesta has its place. Does the Ford fiesta mean fewer mustang sales?

I've only done one large scale Sonos system. 31 Sonos boxes at this house. One play, two connects and the rest connect amps. Installed once, no service calls after 3 years and the whole house got triad speakers inside and a mix of coastal source and Sonance landscape outside. No control system at this house. Lutron QS lighting, 14 harmony remotes for video zones. Again zero service calls on the harmony remotes.

At projects with distributed audio and a control system we can't even get Sonos to work properly. I'm convinced that if you go over a single Sonos connect the control system can't stay connected...so we use autonomics instead.

Two different situations two different solutions. Neither erode the others market. Also keep in mind that a cheaper product like Sonos is often a good thing. Think about what the iPod did for distributed audio. 1 little device with a dock that replaced 3 CD changers or a music server that was ten times as much...with ten times the service issues.
Avid Stamp Collector - I really love 39 Cent Stamps

Hosting Services by ipHouse