Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 31 made on Saturday August 25, 2018 at 09:21
sirroundsound
November 2003
From the manufacture side, it doesn't matter where the (a) show is, it will cost them a considerable sum of money to display.
As someone that attends these types of trade shows, it costs us time and money too.
It has to be worth it for both parties to continue to be successful.
If reading above is any indication, Cedia has failed to live up to any expectations. Other than a trade show, Cedia really has no value or meaning to the 1000's of integration firms out there.
You can win an award (previous company I worked for did) and get printed in a fancy award magazine, that the general public will never see.
Trainings at the trade show are a great idea, I have taken many, way back before Cedia started demanding a credit count to keep you certified.
As a CI, all I want is a convieniant place to go once a year or once every two years to see and learn about new products. Meet with rep's I may not see very often, take a course or two (can be manufacture based training) and meet up with friends in the industry.
Personally, EHXpo was great for a couple of years when it was looking like it might grow.
Orlando is easy to get to from pretty much anywhere. Hotels and food to match most budgets. I have no idea what the convention center is like cost wise compared to what Cedia has been using, but it was huge and able to accomodate a show much bigger than a CI trade show would likely ever be, so no reason to have to move.
Could easily have "our" trade show here every other year and find a location like San Diego or Denver for the other years. An East coast, west coast rotation.
Manufactures already have all of our information, plus forum sites like this and for many they have their own forums too. Easy to get the word out about a new CI trade show.
Obviously it's not as easy as that, but I bet if a few of the larger companies got together, they could find a company (or develop their own) to run and manage this show.

Hosting Services by ipHouse