The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Friday August 24, 2018 at 20:35
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
On August 16, 2018 at 10:10, cma said...

Would make sense, Pella and Honeywell are located near each other.

Would make sense.

Around 1999 I had the occasion to program a couple of systems using Crestron parts. The systems used Vidikron projectors. I visited Vidikron in New Jersey for setup training.

When I got back I found that Crestron didn't have remote control codes in any format for several Vidikron products. I convinced someone at Vidkro (Hank, maybe?) to send one of each of their remotes over to Crestron, all of three or four blocks away, so Crestron could learn the codes.

Someone at Vidikron carefully packed the remotes, with identification as to which remote models controlled which projectors. They sent those (walked them down, really) to their shipping department and told those guys to send them to Crestron. Someone in shipping carefully unwrapped the remotes and separated them from the identifying information.

Crestron received a bunch of remotes with no information as to what they were there for.

Would make sense, you say?

(They eventually got things untangled.)
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse