The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Tuesday August 14, 2018 at 21:21
3PedalMINI
Loyal Member
July 2009
This is so frustrating. A client called me 3 weeks ago to troubleshoot HDCP error on 2 of his 3 TVs. All centrally located equipment using HDBASET extenders (key digital) marantz AVRs. Spent 3 hours dealing with it and got one to finally work again but ended up replacing it. Normal trouble shooting procedures, power down 15 minutes- cable swap- factory resets-firmware blah blah blah.

Another client emailed me saying they are getting HDCP error and they have a similar setup except binary HDBASET. Same ordeal, swap them around, do the above procedures and still get them. Both of these jobs have been running fine since 2015. First job has Sony TVs and one LG and 2nd job had Samsung-Sony-LG and all throwing the code. 2nd job had client provided Yamaha advantage’s.

The only thing that was the same on these jobs were Roku 3s....is Roku killing them? The funny thing is we sat down tonight to watch something on ours and it threw the code! You guessed it, Roku 3! (I have Sony tv and marantz preamp)

All HDMIs are ethereal. Swapped them with chePos and newer ethereals and nothing changed on any of my jobs/house....
The Bitterness of Poor Quality is Remembered Long after the Sweetness of Price is Forgotten! - Benjamin Franklin

Hosting Services by ipHouse