The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 13 made on Saturday August 11, 2018 at 14:12
Fins
Elite Member
June 2007
On August 11, 2018 at 11:03, Mac Burks (39) said...
I feel like you are getting ready to learn a lesson. ID doesn't trust the electrician = red flag #1. You're not a lighting guy = red flag #2. ID wants it to be perfect while asking a newbie to handle it = red flag #3.

I would ask myself these questions...

1.How much money can I make doing this?
2.What could go wrong?

Sometimes it's better to say "Im not a _______guy" (fill in blank with service of choice like "lighting"). This way you don't have a client angry with you for something you make $0 on...or worse...something you lose $ on.

What Mac said. I earned some serious whip marks on a lighting project about 2 years ago. It ended up being so rough, the factory regional still joked about it in the training last week. Manufacturers of LEDs test their lights on cheap old school dimmers from Lowe’s and HD. Most know nothing about real lighting control. I even had one manufacturer that couldn’t tell us if their product was reverse phase or forward phase. Another sword up and down their tape light was 0- 10 volt. Turns out it was PWM. After days lost trying to get rid of flicker, it was a 20 minute fix.

If you want to do this, start with the lighting control company you plan on using and ask what works. And don’t take “we don’t make recommendations.” As an answer.
Civil War reenactment is LARPing for people with no imagination.

Hosting Services by ipHouse