The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 15 made on Thursday August 9, 2018 at 08:08
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On August 8, 2018 at 09:10, vwpower44 said...
I have a client with a 27,000 square foot ranch...i know big for a ranch. Is there a system or way that I can put in 6 chimes on 1 transformer with 2 buttons? Does a system exist that will allow me to do this. I have done two chimes before which just required a larger transformer. Having 6 chimes I will probably need 3 transformers to power up the chimes. Obviously, I don't want the power from 1 transformer to go to the other two transformers when the button is pressed. I looked online, and several people have done similar things by putting in switching diodes, switching transistors, etc. Does anyone have an idea on how to do something like this? Wireless doorbells are out of the question due to the size of the house, and all of the walls are plaster of metal lathe.

If the house's floor plan was a circle, the farthest point from the center would be a little more than 164'. I'm not sure heavy gauge wire is really needed unless they expect someone to press the button for extended periods of time and in that case, it should be fused.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse