The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 149 made on Wednesday August 1, 2018 at 18:14
goldenzrule
Loyal Member
July 2007
On August 1, 2018 at 17:51, SOUND.SD said...
Hilarious. You didnt generate the process? You dont have the ability to change the email its sent to? I mean seriously...come on... you guys are complaining about day one basic set up stuff that would save you un told hours if you just put some common sense thought into it.

THIS IS INSANE! You guys are willing to do 10 times the work to avoid doing a little extra work once. I am completely baffled. I guess you cant please everyone, and thats why portal isnt responding. Obviously businesses have learned that there is always going to be a bitchy minority and to just let them ride while you focus on excelling your product for those that get it.

INSANE!

How the fvck am I supposed to know THEIR process of sending invoices in?  This is on THEM to set everything up to work each and every time.  They asked me for info, I supplied it.  They asked me for more info, I supplied it.  They failed here, not me.  Not the others that had the same issue.  I don't set their pricing on their website.  It's on them to update it, not the vendors.  The vendors didn't create their system, the vendors didn't go out of their way, jumping with hands in the air asking to please join this process.  Portal ASKED THEM to be a part of it. I am completely dumbfounded that you and others like you just accept mediocrity now a days.  People that just accept crap that manufacturers make and hand down to us and guys here that just say, eh, it is what it is.  Years and years ago, people took PRIDE in the shit they made.  This concept should be a good one, but it is at present poorly executed.  You want me to use your system, make it work 100% of the time.  It saves me nothing using their system.  It really takes me no time to place orders online from the various vendors I use.  I would say that it takes me about a minute per vendor to jump on their site, add everything to the cart and send the order.  So how is Portal really saving me that much time?  Literally just punch the model number in the search field as soon as I get on their site, add to cart (with quantity if more then one), send in order.  Go to next site, rinse, repeat.  Portal, if working as it should, will save a little time, I admit that.  But its literally a couple minutes at most.  If I have to constantly look over my shoulder for that confirmation, its not worth it.  In my case, I sent in several orders through portal for a few jobs.  I received several confirmations back but did not get one back from snap on this one order.  I did get others back so I missed that the one order did not get placed.  I don't have time to constantly check.  Over the next 20 days, I am working 20 days.  Yeah, zero days off, 7 days a week.  I basically have time to eat, get online to check emails, do some invoicing, check here a for anything new and relevant and thats about it.  If I have to now keep checking and getting on vendors, portal or whoever to ensure orders are being placed after I send orders in, then something is broken in the system.  If you want to save me real time, than dump my order into their system electronically, not via an email, and ensure that each and every order is placed in real time, not down the road when a rep decides to check their email.  As Fred said, he checks his email at 5.  That might be past shipping cutoff for some vendors.  If I placed the order at 10am and it doesn't go out till the next day because of that, that is a problem (not Fred's fault, just using his post as an example)

Hosting Services by ipHouse