The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 25 made on Wednesday August 1, 2018 at 09:59
SWOInstaller
Select Member
October 2010
On July 31, 2018 at 18:08, Mr. Brad said...
It would be nice if we heard back on the success of resolving the problem.

Yes Brad, Sorry I have been busy. I will try to answer all outstanding questions that are relevant to the situation, as well as my findings.

On July 28, 2018 at 03:22, davidcasemore said...
How is the sub connected to the Denon? Seventy Feet of unbalanced audio? I see from the specs that this sub does not have a balanced (XLR) input and the Denon doesn't have a balanced output so you either did 70 ft. of unbalanced (Hum, Hum, Hum, Hum, Hum) or you used the speaker terminals (really? People do that?)

No balanced audio, yes 70' of unbalanced RCA terminals on each end of coax connected directly into amp and sub

On July 28, 2018 at 04:39, King of typos said...
I don’t know if I missed reading it, or no one suggested it...

How about swapping the cable box with one of the other boxes? If the problem goes away, well that box is bad. This can go with the power block, that is if the power supply isn’t built into the box.

Tried that, hum was still present

Also, since the sub and av are on different circuits. Is it possible they are on different panels too? If so, that could be a problem in itself. They could be on the same phase, but different panels. Thus the sub panel can not have the grounded (neutral) and grounding (ground) bonded together like they can in the main panel.

Different circuits, same panel (only one in the house), not sure about what phase each circuit is on.

On July 28, 2018 at 08:20, highfigh said...
Did you disconnect the coax at the demarc box? If you do that and the hum stops, call the cable company and have them fix their system.

Yes hum stops when demarc cable disconnected from system. Tried grounding internal house demarc (cable company didn't) but did not resolve the issue. Informed customer to contact cable company to resolve.
You can't fix stupid

Hosting Services by ipHouse