The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 142 made on Wednesday August 1, 2018 at 08:21
goldenzrule
Loyal Member
July 2007
On August 1, 2018 at 01:18, SOUND.SD said...
What email did you send it to? I sent to my rep once and was scolded and told to send to [email protected]

Havent had an issue since.

I didn't email anyone, Portal did.  They used the exact email address they asked for me to submit, my rep.  If there is an issue with this process, it is on them to fix it.  I have never had to check for order confirmations from any of my vendors, ever.  If I placed the order, it comes.  Enough of the BS of putting the blame on us for ordering through them.  Portal did the same thing, saying I AM THE ONE that should have checked my confirmation to make sure it went through.  If you want me to use the service, then make it work as it should.  I order online mainly from 4 vendors.  All 4 have websites that I can order from that work well, 3 of which are very easy to use and one that is not the best site but mainly with finding products you are not sure of what you are looking for.  Enter the model number in search and it comes right up.  I can order everything I need in a matter of minutes from all my vendors without any issues.  If I am waiting to receive confirmations emails and going back to check that the order went through on every order, it will not be faster to use Portal.  Sorry, thats just the truth.  I'm happy you have had such success, but maybe your usual vendors do not have very good websites.  I tried to give them the benefit of the doubt and continue using them during my testing.  They failed at 3 things that make it impossible to move forward with them.

1) their pricing is off on items.  Not every item, but enough that it means I have to verify pricing on every item I add to a proposal if I do not know the correct price off the top of my head.
2) the updated proposal software is glitchy and does not look good when printed/sent.  They may fix this over time, or part of these issues.  Someone mentioned they said they have no plans to fix some of the issues that fall under this umbrella
3)  the ordering system needs a major overhaul.  This experience added both unneeded stress and a lot of wasted time on my part.

I like the concept that Portal has brought to the table, but it needs major fixing to be a viable option for me.  Paying is not the issue, has been stated over and over.  I mainly used just the proposal software in the past, and it worked really well for me.  Sure, it being free was great, but it was easy, fast, and looked great.  With the new update, it all changed, free or pay.  It doesn't work as well at present, it doesn't look as good, and I have seen pricing issues I did not see before.  Why did not see many pricing issues before versus now?   Maybe vendors updated their pricing recently and haven't informed them. I am not sure, but it is not my job to keep that updated, it is Portal's.  It is not the vendors responsibility either, which creates the conundrum, as how is Portal to know if the vendor doesn't have to tell them.  The only way I see to ensure pricing is accurate is if Portal has access to their websites and get alerted to changes.  Portal should have access to create orders that are entered as if we went right on each vendors sites and not rely on an email.  Like I said, I like the concept, but there is too much broken at present that you may be fine overlooking, but I am not.

Hosting Services by ipHouse