Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Monday July 30, 2018 at 19:51
sirroundsound
November 2003
I have not done a lot with PVI, but I did do a 4 channel coax modulator in a large home a few years ago.
Sources were (2) HD cable boxes, DirecTv and Apple TV
Did not have any issues getting it set up and working. Plug HDMI in and assign HD channels to each of the 4 sources. Feed new signals back out on coax to house distribution.
Let each TV scan channels and find the 4 channels I used, set everything up on a control system to select TV channels and control sources in a rack in basement of the house. This fed out to about 14 TV's in a 15,000 sq ft home.
Have not had any issues to date.
Just replaced an older component video matrix with their over IP solution and only problem I had here was they did not have batteries in the remotes that came with gear (CR2032 type) and I needed to have one working to learn the IR codes.
I think that is because there is some weird thing about sending batteries across the border (Lutron does not ship their Battery operated blinds to Canada with batteries included) Which of course does not make sense as we have many things that go back and forth with batteries packaged with them.
Maybe things have improved at PVI, as I called about the batteries missing, and another question I had, and was able to talk with someone fairly quickly.
Personally, I would use PVI again. Seems to be pretty solid equipment that I have used.

Hosting Services by ipHouse