The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Sunday July 29, 2018 at 16:38
King of typos
Loyal Member
June 2002
The reason for the Airports, is because I have used them in the past and already had the 5th gen AP. I purchased two 6th gen, which the seller labeled them as Airport Express, thus got them both for $126 shipped.

But in all honestly, I really wanted to purchase Linksys Velop 3 pack. But didn’t want to spend the ton of money... though a month’s rent off would’ve been nice. Ha

This house is 3 stories high and probably 1,000 sqft per level. The modem/router is located on the 2nd next to the front wall... so the 3rd and bottom level gets crap single.

Heck, I had my Mac connect to the WiFi and pass through the internet to the Ethernet port to my AirPort Extreme that I had, 5th gen. So my wireless devices could connect too. Even my Mac struggled with the WiFi. And an other tenant kept on getting kicked off.

But since installing the APs, all is well. No one complains about being kicked off and such.

And now that I have access to the set up menu. I can see over 15 to 20 devices connecting to the AP. Of course not all 20 are on one AP.

She just has to call AB to get cable internet... DSL just does not cut it.. 5mpbs is kinda slow.

Thank you for yall’s help. I guess leaving the AirPort Extreme in bridge mode is the best bet for when the cable modem/router comes in. Hopefully soon...

KOT

Hosting Services by ipHouse