The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Sunday July 29, 2018 at 08:02
HiFiRobbie
Select Member
June 2006
About to rant, so feel free to skip if you're not up for it.

About 9 months ago, I bought a Klein Scout network tester. Just a simple $250AUD pair tester that lets me know that my terminations are good, if there's any crossovers, bad pairs, voltage.. ...you all know what they do.

[Link: kleintools.com]

This unit is definitely also SUPPOSED to have a tone function. Only problem is that when I use my analogue wand with it, all I hear is a faint splatter/crackling sound. Definitely not any of the advertised tones that this thing is supposed to generate.

I took it back to my supplier and we tested it along side another unit off the shelf, which appeared to have the same fault. We then grabbed one of the bigger and more expensive "Commander" units, which is basically a rebranded Net-Prowler, and tested my wand with it. Worked perfectly.

Supplier told me they'd follow it up with Klein and find some resolution.

A couple of months go by, and no news.

I call my supplier and ask them what is going on. They tell me Klein won't respond to their emails as they are no longer the national distributor. So, I email Klein themselves and they promptly direct me to our new Australian distributor, Mumme Tools. I email them and their rep contacts me. I tell him the whole story and he says "No problem. I'll talk to my manager and get it sorted for you in a couple of days".

3 weeks fly by and nothing, so I call him back. He tells me that he spoke to my original supplier and they all agreed that it was best for them take care of it as they're who I bought it from. I call the owner of that business and he tells me teh exact opposite and that the NEW distributor was going to sort it.

I tell them I don't give a a rat's @$$ who sorts it out; It has been over six months and I just need a toner/tester that works.

A few more weeks pass by and still nothing.

I call my supplier and he offers to make amends with some other items as neither Klein HQ, nor their Australian distributor are either responding to any contact, or agreeing to offer any help. I call a truce with my guys and we work out a deal, and all's ok-ish between myself and them. But I still have a non-functional toner.

I then proceeded to email my original contact at Klein who is the "Internatioal Customer Service Supervisor" explaining what had happened throughout this whole ordeal and asked what they're stance was on what had happened and if they were going to offer me any form of solution, and again, after over a week of waiting...

...nothing.

Is this normal of these manufacturers?

Has anybody else had dealings similar to this with them or any others?

I mean, I get that it's only a $250 item, but at the same time, IT'S only a $250 ITEM!!

Why is this so hard to get any sort of positive resolution from Klein? I was told by people from the USA/Canada that they were an excellent company but this looks like they just want people with issues like mine, to go away.

I'll close with a link to their company values...

[Link: kleintools.com]

Rant over. :(
Problems worthy of attack, prove their worth, by hitting back. -Piet Hein.

Hosting Services by ipHouse