The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 13 made on Friday July 27, 2018 at 15:18
Impaqt
RC Moderator
October 2002
On July 27, 2018 at 14:23, Brad Humphrey said...
User error? Maybe select better brands/components?

I run my Windows laptops for about 5-6 years before upgrading to a new one. They still work perfectly fine at 5-6 years but start to get a little slow. MIL is still using an old one I gave her (9 years old now) and works fine for emails, web browsing, etc..

I suspect we use out laptops very differently. or have different standards for "works fine"
I've got over 5k in my 2 Macbooks.... I spent over 2k on a "Quality" PC laptops in the past and they still didnt make it as long as the Macs so I generally spend 1200-1500 on my PC Laptops nowadays because they seem to last the same.

I built my own desktop 15 years ago:
Still using the same case.

great... I still use a Lian Li case I bought around 2003 i'd guess as well. My Enermax Power Supply has got to be at least 10....

Changed the power supply once.
Fixing to upgrade the MB, processor, RAM, and video card for only the 3rd time.

Isnt that basically the same thing as buying a new Computer? (Yes, it is)
Fixing to upgrade to Win10 Pro. On Win7 Pro now. Started with WinXP Pro.
This desktop is my main machine for everything - gaming, video/photo editing, work, play, etc... It has always run very smooth and very fast.

My desktop at home gets updated much less than my laptops. well My Windows laptops anyway....

Just for fun, this is my 17" Pro right now. Early 2011... Running OSX Sierra (Could easily run High Sierra, but I need to stay at Sierra for Savant compatibility) I'm currently running Both OSX 10.7.5 and Windows 10 Virtually

[Link: ibb.co]

Hosting Services by ipHouse