The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 118 made on Friday July 27, 2018 at 09:49
Dawn Gordon Luks
Founding Member
September 2001
Let's try this again because I don't think you get it.

The fee bothers me on a *principal level*. Nothing more. I am anything but cheap and I know that in most cases you get what you pay for. But this no longer holds true for Portal. I have paid for proposal software in the past and I will again in the future. Good software is almost never free.

So I will say it again. I would be *happy* to pay if the following items were fixed:

1. Labor formatting is screwed up on my printed proposals
2. Product Photos are way too small
3. Font size is now much smaller and more difficult to read

The problem is that I don't believe that items 2 and 3 will ever be fixed. That is concerning because living in FL, I have an older clientele and they have been having difficulty with the new proposals. One of the Portal tech support folks told me there were technical issues with making the photos and fonts bigger. When I asked Josh about it he was very non-committal about getting it fixed. All he said was that they would work on consistency between the web and printed versions.

Before these issues I was a huge fan of Portal. I constantly told them how much I liked their system and I told numerous other installers to try them out.

The Portal problems are like a favorite restaurant getting new management and/or a new chef and then raising prices. Suddenly the service and food is no longer as good and you have to pay more. I don't know about you, but I wouldn't go back and I would find another restaurant. So that's why I will be looking at Jetbuilt.

Hosting Services by ipHouse