Pass:

Original thread:
Post 23 made on Wednesday July 18, 2018 at 19:51
3PedalMINI
Loyal Member
July 2009
On July 18, 2018 at 19:15, g007 said...
To all

My concern for Sonos would be the reliability of the device, does it do what they say. Does Alexa function as we expect it to, or is iffy or worse halfway, which is noway! How about the network aspect of Sonos devices! They are suppose to be the best at this particular niche as it relates to whole house audio! Does the reality bear this out!

I do not own one but I decided to checkout the Sonos site and read the reviews.
Well... out of approximately 3200 reviews of the Sonos voice controlled speaker about 200 said the device would not work. Alexa could not understand the voice commands or failed to respond at all. Worse the units could not stay connected! The reviews seem to say, not ready for prime time. 200 bad reviews does not bode well, 6.25% is way to many, .1% would be more acceptable. These two problems seem to be present with the Play speakers and the Sonos 1.

Anybody have direct experience?

Not sure if troll or don’t really understand Sonos?

First of all, people that review things like this based on 3rd parties (Amazon/google) should not be validated. Sonos has no control over Alexa and Google Voice. Those exact concerns are on the amazon branded devices. Alexa works but not great. It’s not sonos’s fault that VC is not ready for prime time.

I’ve sold hundreds of Sonos devices through the years. They have been the only product that fails the least, followed by eero. I’ve got clients with the old branded nomenclature (ZPxx) and working fine
The Bitterness of Poor Quality is Remembered Long after the Sweetness of Price is Forgotten! - Benjamin Franklin

Hosting Services by ipHouse