The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 32 made on Saturday July 14, 2018 at 14:00
roddymcg
Loyal Member
September 2003
On July 14, 2018 at 12:32, jrainey said...
That because Roddy is DM or nothing at all....we mortals have to make do with lesser. I get it but the world is a big place and not all of use have access to enough jobs to the 1%

So far DM has set the standard for sure. For many years JAP has claimed that good enough is good enough. Their product looked like dog log on higher end displays for the longest time. And their reps just shot you so many lines of BS I felt like I was dealing with a slimy used car salesman. Then they could not deal with the extended audio formats, but their line was nobody would use that. Even though many of us were working in systems that did use this.

What troubles me about this Snap unit is so many techs only read the headlines, and not the details. Consumers have access to so many devices that can break the 10.2 gig threshold, and now their TV does not work. This is up their with the marketing speak of "4K HDbaseT extenders, the bandwidth did not change.

I have a team headed up to fix an install Monday where someone only read the headlines. Details matter!!
When good enough is not good enough.

Hosting Services by ipHouse