The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 14 made on Saturday July 14, 2018 at 04:56
Nick-ISI
Long Time Member
September 2004
I’m sorry but I don’t think you can compare lutron and Somy from a control perspective. You might be able to “interface” to somfy with all manner of control protocols, but what you can actually tell the blinds to do is not in the same ballpark.

I am not a Somfy dealer so I admit I may not be aware of all of their offerings, but all the Somfy motors I have ever dealt with just go up or down when power applied or stop when it’s removed.

With Lutron I can tell the motor to go to a preset position and it will drive to that point and stop. This means I can provide buttons that send Roman shades to midway points that stop in the right position for the folds to look their best. I can do this with a whole wall of shades and know that they will line up every time. AFAIK this is not doable with Somfy motors.

I replaced some worn out Somfy motors recently and I would still say they are noticeablylouder than the lutron ones.

This isn’t drinking Kool-aid,it’s providing a superior experience!
What do you mean you wanted it on the other wall - couldn't you have mentioned this when we prewired?

Hosting Services by ipHouse