The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 22 made on Friday July 13, 2018 at 22:05
Ranger Home
June 2007
On July 13, 2018 at 16:08, imt said...
Tuck, Since I know you are a URC guy as well I assume its a TC2.0 driver? If so, |How does the driver work and easily work for the matrix/source selection?

The premade driver from URC is a 6x6 so that or anything less it simply works and works very easily. HOWEVER, as it stands RIGHT NOW (this WILL change), its kinda bitch to build one of size. Keep in mind i make it more complicated than it needs to be as I want the name of the Room and the name of the Source IN the driver, this means I have to do some major editing and adding in the driver. I have always been forced to build from scratch, takes time. BUT, I did the EXACT same thing when I built a matrix driver. I could have use a prebuilt one, but then my macros simply said something like "source 1, TV 4". That always sucked IMO lol. I want my macro to say "Roku, Kitchen TV".

What we need a TCM! A module. One you simply put in the names OR EVEN BETTER a driver that builds itself by pulling the info DIRECTLY from the MoIP controller! SO possible. I think that will come.

In addition, all the OSD (on screen display, or text overlay), NONE of that is in the driver so must be customized. Again, takes a lot of time. A TCM or some sort of module is the answer. NO DOUBT. Snap really needs to step up here if they want to capture maximum market share. I believe they will. Maybe not fully automated, but something better than it is now. That said, it was impressive they already had some control manufacturers on board and had drivers ready for beta! That was nice.

My guess is the negative feedback will be from driver building. Its simply GOT to be made easier. The MoIP controller all ready has all the room names and source names so someone could build a module that extracts that info and populates it AUTOMATICALLY into a driver. That would be HUGE wow!

Last edited by Ranger Home on July 13, 2018 22:17.

Hosting Services by ipHouse