Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 13 made on Friday July 13, 2018 at 12:26
Brad Humphrey
February 2004
Wow, someone has really drank the Lutron koolaid hard :)

By the way, at least 1/2 of what you said about Draper is wrong.
I think their battery powered option is better than Lutron - rechargeable & solar options.
Clear Connect is nothing special. It works in the 400MHz range just like everyone elses. Draper's work just fine as well.
I haven't checked lately but Draper used to have so many fabric options, I lost count - several books.
Not the same level of control & integration. Not even close? They have every way to control a shade you can do (expect for maybe voice control - haven't checked on that). IR, RF, RS485, IP, contact closure, etc.... They have line powered, low voltage, and battery. They have single roller, dual roller, coupled roller, skylight, etc.

They are not a real shade company because they don't make their own motors? They custom make every part of the shade except the motor - which they use Somfy, some of the best motors in the industry. How about Lutron then isn't a real shade company because they can't 'custom' anything for a customer. Hmmm...

Well, that really turned into a Draper ad didn't it. Don't get me wrong, I think the Lutron shades are great. But I hate the company, Lutron is the devil's spawn. And as great as their shades are, they certainly don't own the market; at least not with the non-koolaid drinkers.

Hosting Services by ipHouse