The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Thursday July 12, 2018 at 15:36
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
The clients have this in their residence. They've got a bunch of desk phones and some Panasonic wireless phones.

I did the prewire and the installation... back in 2000 or so. The system works, very well in general.

The issue is that they have two lines and both lines have caller ID. However, all of her callers IDs show up on the phone displays but none of his callers do.

There also was an issue with their alarm line and its RJ31x. I don't know for sure how well this has been resolved.

This is a bit far for me to drive given the faint memory I have of what this system can do, and no manuals for programming. It sounds like caller ID simply is not present for the second line, but the phone company insists that it is.

They also are interested in a Ring (or the like) but have been told they don't have enough bandwidth. That sounds like the incorrect nontechnical excuse "it must have a short" that is used to cover numerous reasons why things don't work. I wasn't involved in installing their wifi.

Please PM me if you can help with this. And thanks.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse