The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 42 made on Thursday July 12, 2018 at 12:07
Kirk_SS
Long Time Member
June 2013
On July 12, 2018 at 11:12, Lowhz said...
They showed up at a Denver CEDIA wearing orange pants and handing out Red Stripe beers at 3pm on a Friday as I recall. Supplystream.

Haha, true story. I had an integration company in Chicago for about 8 years and we had more than 50 techs in three states. We were doing installs for Costco, Circuit City, Sears and we had a custom division (C4 dealer). Our guys all brought their trucks home and came to our three warehouses once a week. Since everyone was remote we needed a way to manage the the entire company in the cloud, so we built a custom piece of software back in 2003. We had the ability to create proposals, close out jobs, upload photos and run credit cards over sprint wireless cards from our vans, 15 years ago! In 2009 when the economy tanked, I decided to sell the company to one of our employees, carve out the software and share it with several companies in the industry. Everyone said it was too complicated and it did too much. One thing they all loved though was the shared database. After much discussion we realized that product data is the real problem in the industry and if you can organize it all in one spot then everything becomes easier. So I scrapped the old software (ouch) raised some money, and built the new data engine from scratch, under-the-radar, for almost two years. We then sprang up out of nowhere at a Cedia and blew peoples minds. That's basically the story.
Kirk Chisholm
Founder - Portal.io
kirk at portal dot io

Hosting Services by ipHouse