The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 17 made on Thursday July 12, 2018 at 11:14
SWOInstaller
Select Member
October 2010
On July 11, 2018 at 21:20, Brad Humphrey said...
SC or LC connections are the most common on fiber and they make adapters for when you need to change between the two.

I still do not have a fiber termination kit. So when I need to use fiber, I'm ordering pre-terminated lengths from suppliers. Since you can get them cheap in most any length you want, from many different vendors.

We have a fiber termination kit but was purchased for a job where pre-terminated fiber wouldn't have pulled to nice through a conduit of 400+ft.

Like Brad, any recent job we have done that required fiber we specify the ends we want and length to our supplier and get a custom cut pre-terminated with Pull eye, factory tested cable in a couple days. Our one supplier it is cheaper to purchase multi-strand than single strand so we always buy the terminated multi strand and it allows for future expansion if needed. If we are pulling Fiber to a location and know what terminations are required we will specify that, however, for majority of the devices MM fiber with SC terminations work best.
You can't fix stupid

Hosting Services by ipHouse