The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Wednesday July 11, 2018 at 20:04
King of typos
Loyal Member
June 2002
I am wondering who really owns the box and the connections inside said box. The box in question is the cable box where the coax cables from the road, which are underground. And then have a couple splitters inside for different locations inside the house.

Does the home owner legally have a right to those connections since there are splitters inside? Therefore are technically their cables, not the cable company’s.

I ask because my landlord’s cable provider made a visit the other day. Gratefully cleaned up that mess in the box. It was so bad that the box couldn’t close before. Now not only is it closed, but it’s locked. Locked with that locking coax barrel.

Let’s say there were no splitters in there, but just the grounding point. The coax cable leaving the grounding point is still technically the home owners. So the box shall remain unlocked at all times anyways.

This is one of the things I remembered when I was an installer for Comcast. Was the fact we left those boxes unlocked to allow the home owners access whenever.

What does your provoders do in your area? Locked, or unlocked?

KOT

Hosting Services by ipHouse