The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 37 made on Wednesday July 11, 2018 at 19:45
imt
Long Time Member
June 2007
On July 11, 2018 at 18:27, Ranger Home said...
$5k a month is nothing. But then again, $50 a month is nothing as well. I have been meaning to check out the proposal side of Portal. The way I do it know just SUCKS, quickbooks. lol .But its what Im used to and what I know. The hardest thing in making a change is simply taking the first step and getting over the learning curve. Portal Proposals are still on my radar. I will eventually check it out.

I am not going to go into if 5K is nothing or not.

Submitting the order via Portal is what many are hung up with. The other day I took an old proposal and said to make an order. When you create an order from a proposal it takes ALL the items from ALL vendors and makes an order. So if you have a project where you need certain items now but then will order other parts later in the project, there was no way to just select specific items on that order to send and keep the rest for later. You can "delete" them off. But then I guess when you want to order the rest you have to manually add or go back into the proposal and create a new order and then delete off all the parts you already ordered? Not sure.

With portal in the middle of lets say Snap, since that is your go to, I am not sure how the ordering process works and how quickly orders are sent. I know I can submit an order at 6:55pm and have it shipped out that day on Snap's site. No idea what cutoff times are and if orders are submitted and entered same day. Do confirms come only from Portal or do you receive normal confirms and tracking from Snap? What happens if you proposal has the normal price for an item but at the time you place the order, the item is on special/promo at the time you order? Is it adjusted? You would only know if you were on Snaps site to see what the current price happens to be. There are only 2 options listed for shipping on Portal, etc. I watched the videos but still unclear on the things I thought about above. Wonder if these are some of the same that have kept those integrators on the sidelines.

Hosting Services by ipHouse