Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Wednesday July 11, 2018 at 16:59
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
[Link: reddit.com]

Here's one of the comments on these graphs:
Here's the backstory: I was taking a class in wireless networking, and one of our homework assignments was to measure the throughput over Wifi between a laptop and a Compaq iPaq with a microwave oven providing interference. I never thought to post them here until I saw the post showing a spectrogram of a microwave oven. The setup for this was a coffee cup of water placed on the center of the turntable of our home microwave, run for two minutes, and capture throughput data (how fast the data is actually getting through the link). I ran the test on four different channels (1, 3, 5 and 6). The green lines show the base line captured on each channel before I turned the microwave on. The red line shows the throughput with the microwave running. The channel 5 graph is my favorite, as it shows a clear dip every 6 seconds, which is the turning rate of the microwave turntable.

The data was collected using a tool called "iperf", which measures the rate of data going between two clients in a network.

Just as an off-topic point of interest, one of the comments has a link to a Compaq computer ad from the wayback machine.

A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse