Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 20 made on Tuesday July 10, 2018 at 11:34
flandon
Advanced Member
September 2004
The Results:

I cut the Cat6 at the demark on the outside of the Main house ~100' from the Main house network. I installed the POE extender. It would power up but provide a network connection on the Long run(Cabana Side). I tried to power it from the Cabana side, it would power up but no network connection.

It was time to replace the Router and Network switch in the Main house(having issues) So i put in a USG and US-48-500.

With the tough-switch TS-8-Pro Set to 100half and the US-48-500 set to auto or 100 full/half i couldn't get any thing to work. even set to 10full.

I installed Ferrite Beads 3 in the main house 2 at the Demark 2 in a pull box by the Cabana 3 by the TS-8-Pro in the Cabana.

I installed a 1000/100/10 netgear 5port switch right before the TS-8-Pro. this allowed the network to operate at 10full set in the US-48-500.

There must be something inducing current or EMF interference happening on the run to the Cabana.

I should have run Fiber.
I should Have Run FIBER!
it wont happen again Ernie. (Dad)

My Thoughts.
Maybe i can use the Brown and Blue Pair as a "Shield/Drain" to ground out the interference?

Your Thoughts?

Thanks
Flandon
Flandon the mighty Dragon Fisher

Hosting Services by ipHouse