Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Monday July 9, 2018 at 18:40
Brad Humphrey
February 2004
I didn't even know they redone the website. Honestly, I've been signed up for over a year but have never used the service once.

I found the website to be horrible to navigate and find what I'm looking for. I just looked at the new site, it is a little better but I think it is still horrible. How hard is it to put the manufacture list in alphabetical order! You have 200 manufactures listed to scroll thru.
And once I even get a list/category of what I'm looking for, there is still no way to sort the list (in order of price, name, etc...).
I also still have several vendors that I can not setup, do not support, or would take incredible effort to do.

I to have wondered how in the world they could make money?
I mean distributors are not giving them a significant cut are they? It is hard enough for distributors to make money, why would any distributor give up more margin for customers they already have! That is crazy! And to be honest, if I found out it was a significant cut, I would be mad! Why do I NOT get better pricing ordering direct with them, would be my WTF moment with that thought. I would feel the distributor is cheating me on margin "I" desperately need - instead giving it to a new middle man.
I feel to be fair and for them to make money, there needs to be a subscription fee for their service. All their service. But I believe they did that when they 1st launched and no one was interested. Now we have this mess. :(

Just my $0.02

Hosting Services by ipHouse