Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Sunday July 8, 2018 at 00:44
m1964
Long Time Member
February 2008
Hi,

I need help with "fine-tuning" my program.

I recently added Xiaomi MiBox to my system which consists of a TV, cable box, AV receiver, DVD player.
I need to shut the MiBox when switching to "watch TV" after watching a program from the miBox.

The MiBox does not have a discrete "Power ON/OFF" commands, just "power".

The hard "ON" button is programmed to turnn On TV, cable box and AVR ("watch TV" activity)

So, if I am watching a program using the MiBox, and I need to shut everything off, I programmed the hard "OFF" button to send discrete "power OFF" to TV and AVR, and to send "power" toggle command to MiBox.

On the other  I do not want to program the "watch TV" macro to send "power" to MiBox because it would turn the box ON if I wanted to start watching TV after the system was Off.

I found a way around- programmed a soft button as "watch TV" macro that would send "power" command to MiBox, and programmed hard "ON" button without the "power" command for MiBox.

So, if I want to start watching TV after the system is OFF, I use hard "ON" button, and if I want to switch to watching TV after watching miBox, I use the soft 'watch TV" button.

I was wondering if there was a way to tell the remote that the Box should be off if switching to anther activity that does not need the MiBox to be ON.

I know how to do it if there were a discrete power On/OFF commands for MiBox, but I have not found them.

Does any one knows if there are discrete ON/OFF command for this Xiaomi media box?

thanks a lot for reading such a long post.

Hosting Services by ipHouse