Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 39 made on Saturday June 30, 2018 at 17:41
Dean Roddey
May 2004
Again, you are painting with a vastly broad brush. I lived there for 18 years and never heard any of that kind of talk in that area, from actual people on the ground. On the whole they would be more concerned with social issues, than any sort of economic class warfare. To the extent that wealth concentration becomes a social issue, e.g. access, influence, health quality, etc..., then of course it would fall into that category. And it is one to some arguable extent.

I's a common mistake to treat the other side as though it is monolithic when it's not. California has everyone from Jeff Bezos to poor farmers to Tom Cruise to immigrant construction workers. It's a big place and it's not any one thing.

Generally speaking, I'd say that the economy of California is probably bigger than the president and isn't that much affected by who is in office. No president would likely be stupid enough to do anything to significantly damage that revenue stream.

I think it's mostly affected by just economic cycles. Of course sometimes long, ongoing lack of oversight by both sides of the isle, possibly encouraged by green lubrication, can lead to catastrophic changes in the normal economic cycle (like the housing crisis.) But, that's not a left/right thing, that's just run of the mill human nature mostly. No one wants to ask too many questions about how the sausage is being made when there's a lot of sausage to go around. It was also a matter of lack of oversight by the people, because they were also too busy eating sausage to face reality. I was as guilty on that front as most.

Last edited by Dean Roddey on June 30, 2018 17:57.
Dean Roddey
Chairman/CTO, Charmed Quark Systems
www.charmedquark.com

Hosting Services by ipHouse