Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 14 made on Tuesday June 19, 2018 at 12:03
oprahthehutt.
December 2011
On June 18, 2018 at 22:21, gerard143 said...
I am curious to here more details on this. I currently offer RTI. I have my issues at times and my concerns with the brand. I haven't spent enough time with other brands to rule out I wouldn't have similar issues with those however. So again I am curious to hear more details as to why life is better without RTI. What was bad about them, what is better with Elan?

In gTools you have a list of all your client systems names you simply click on the name and log into the programming interface. No difference between being on their couch or mine. You program the process and all client devices/interfaces instantly update.

Firmware is also remotely upgradable. They just released a new core module for the processors, you simply click on the .exe and it updates everything in 5 minutes.

All ELAN supported drivers are rolled into the core as well. So rather then spending your life trying to make sure what firmware version, and what driver version then downloading this and that then running around the clients house with various USB cables to upload. You simply download the core, type in a system name/password then go grab a coffee.

As for programming/configuring you simply select a communication device (232 port #) then select a driver and a configured GUI spits out the other end. Sometimes you do some tweaking to fix up little things but for the most part the stock UI is as good or better then most RTI ones.

We could knock out the programming of an 8x8 distributed Audio and Video, with 8 Surveillance cameras, 4 TSTATS, Security system, Irrigation system, Doorbird, Lighting and Shades in a day or so.

We did a ton of RTI going back to the original T1 RP1/RP6 days before they even had any keypads or 2way comms or any of that stuff.

My last good sized RTI project was an 8x8 type system using Terrys virtual matrix driver and by the end of that system I just had enough hunting down some check mark on an IR routing table on a 150 page iPanel program. Then going to every page to make sure my stacked icons all lined up perfectly through every single page, then digging back through them because some variable was wrong.

ELAN kicks RTI's ass in every way that matters.

Hosting Services by ipHouse