The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Saturday June 16, 2018 at 13:14
SWFLMike
Long Time Member
January 2007
I've got a customer with a CP2E that's being used as a secondary processor. I'm not sure off the top of my head if it's a slave or not (I'm not on site), but he called me last week because his media room wasn't working, and this is what controls all that hardware.

(The setup is a JBL Synth SDP-40 being controlled over 232 from the CP2E. The SPD-40 handles the HDMI switching and also triggers the amps. He was getting no picture or sound, as you may imagine.)

When I went there, I connected to the main processor first (a CP3), and checked to made sure the CP2E was online. It was, so I connected to it to check it's error log. That's all I did - I never rebooted it. I didn't see anything obvious in the log, but after doing this, it began to operate again. I can only guess this was a fluke.

I didn't feel good about this since I couldn't find anything solid. Not surprisingly, he rang again about 4 days later with the same issue. I was an hour away, so I had him hit the HW-R on the CP2E, which 'fixed' it again.

So now I'm wondering...what's hanging up? The processor or the JBL? I don't actually have any indication that it's the CP2E, and suspect that rebooting it may 're-initialize' the connection, but I don't know the nuts and bolts of 232 to say for sure. And for the record, I HAVE seen issues with these JBL units, so I wouldn't be too surprised.

Any suggestions? Thanks

Hosting Services by ipHouse