The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 14 made on Friday June 15, 2018 at 16:33
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
On June 14, 2018 at 10:28, highfigh said...
Between "Recently the pool house had some issues..." and "Today, it wouldn't connect..." is "At some point, a cat5e was run from the Comcast gateway in the house, approximately 100 ft to the pool house."- What happened between "recently" and today", and when was "at some point"?

EXACTLY.

You're not pursuing the actual problem. Maybe a problem arose that affects wireless AND wired performance.

Maybe some kind of interference has cropped up that is strong enough to affect a wired connection, too. (As I type this, my wireless keyboard is skipping letters, something it does every once in a while for about ten minutes... a problem perhaps similar to yours.)

A dozen years ago a client who was modulating a satellite receiver's audio and video onto channel 17 of an OTA antenna system reported that it didn't work a good bit of the time.
When doesn't it work?
At night.
Starting when?
After dinner?
About what time?
Well, I'll be: 7:23 every night.
When does it come back on?
I don't know, but it's on in the morning.
What happens at your home every evening at :23? (My keyboard skipped.)
Oh, wait, I can answer this one: the PAR lamps that light up the front of the house all come on.
Interesting.

He snooped around in the garden and heard one of the lamps buzzing. He unscrewed it. Channel 17 came back. He put in a new bulb and all was well. The buzzing was apparently an audible by-product of some kind of vibration in the lamp that also happened to send out RF at about 490 MHz.

Pursue your "some issues." And, as highfigh implies, tell us about the issues as part of describing what's going on. Every once in a while someone concludes what they should do, then asks about how to do that thing, when they should have concluded something else to begin with.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse