The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Thursday June 14, 2018 at 00:06
tomciara
Loyal Member
May 2002
Set up Eero last year for a client with good results.

Recently the pool house had some issues. There is an Eero plus two Sonos amps out there.

At some point, a cat5e was run from the Comcast gateway in the house, approximately 100 ft to the pool house. Today, that cable would not connect to either the Eero or the Sonos when I connected directly to them.

In the house we have Comcast in bridge mode, the root Eero into a Pakedge switch, and out to 6 locations - 3 wired Eeros, and two computer locations. No part of the system is affected except that one line to the pool house.

I snipped the ends and put new RJ45s on, standard and not EZ. My Ideal tester showed integrity from end to end, no splits, opens, shorts, etc.

I have a Byte Bros certifier. I know it is not a Fluke, but it tested good for speed end to end, and I have seen it fail cables before.

I carried the Eero into the house and watched it connect to the same port on the switch with a 10' patch cable, no problem. It is an issue with the cable, I suppose, but what could it be when it seems to do some basic checks just fine?
There is no truth anymore. Only assertions. The internet world has no interest in truth, only vindication for preconceived assumptions.

Hosting Services by ipHouse