The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Wednesday June 13, 2018 at 19:37
osiris
Long Time Member
November 2004
On June 13, 2018 at 17:17, Mac Burks (39) said...

Its difficult enough just keeping up with one manufacturers upgrades and software.

For me, this is the major factor. I spent 10 years with a smallish company that was always in-and-out of control system lines. Crestron, Pronto, Lutron, URC, RTI, NetStreams, ProControl, Elan, Niles. Nobody was an expert at more than one or two of the lines, and it became untenable to service all of the legacy systems out there when the "RTI guy" wasn't on the team anymore.

My current company only does one control system...and because of that, everyone can solve almost every issue that comes up. We know the tripwires. And, because we have a high level of expertise, we are the guys who get referred by that control system manufacturer to fix the botched installs other less-focused dealers leave behind.

My advice to you would be to have a handy set of clients that are happy being advocates for your company. Nothing will put an end to the "I had Crestron in my last house and it never worked right, it's garbage and I'll never buy it again!" statement like saying "I understand why you feel that way, I've made a big part of my reputation by fixing jobs just like what you are describing. Here is a list of a few of my clients that have Crestron in their home that have had a very different experience, I think you should talk to them."

Hosting Services by ipHouse