The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Wednesday June 13, 2018 at 17:17
Mac Burks (39)
Elite Member
May 2007
On June 13, 2018 at 12:58, Nick-ISI said...

Occasionally I am asked NOT to offer those two as solutions as clients have had bad or expensive experiences with these in the past from other sources.

You sound like you have your mind made up but...

Another strategy IMO would be to put together a demo system with an iPad and processor. Hand it to the client and show them what a properly done system looks like.

Every time we run into someone who "hates" or "doesnt want" they immediately change their tune when we explain to them that Crestron (in our case) isn't a remote control or music streamer or shades...its a development platform....that just needs the right developers (you).

Over the last 20 or so years we have worked with many products. The mostly painful/expensive thing i have dealt with is trying to learn/be good at/keep track of all these different systems. I remember when our last Phast system got upgraded i cried a little then got drunk then cried some more...happy tears. I survived...it was finally over.

Its difficult enough just keeping up with one manufacturers upgrades and software.
Avid Stamp Collector - I really love 39 Cent Stamps

Hosting Services by ipHouse