The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Wednesday June 13, 2018 at 14:37
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
On June 13, 2018 at 13:00, Roark said...
[There's no Tuner control on the amp itself! All other functions can be controlled on the amp itself.]

The lack of front panel controls is one reason I have always stayed away from Denon.

The 2 Phillips universal remotes I tried DON'T control the Tuner!---

Universal remotes oddly often lack certain important commands. The first time I ran into this, it was a remote for a combo TV and VCR. The code set that worked the entire TV was a VCR code set. But.... VCRs don't have volume control, so those commands were missing!

Is there some combination of buttons on the Phillips remotes that might allow control of the Tuner?

This is not the best approach, since these remotes are not truly universal, as you have found.

I do see a few of original & universal remote replacements online [& I have called Denon to little avail].Logitech claims their Harmony remote should work.

and things that don't work when you buy them online can be returned. I just looked up some remotes.... I googled "Denon RC-869 remote control" and found that it was for sale for $17.20 at Remote Control World, [Link: remote-control-world.eu]. There's another one on ebay for $24 or so now -- see [Link: ebay.com].
But can I find a relatively inexpensive solution myself?

Those aren't too expensive, I hope.
I also have the AVR-4800 manual which I have studied.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse